The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  capital gains question Date:  2/1/1999  10:58 AM
Author:  jakblack Number:  9310 of 127613

If i understand this right i owe taxes the amount of money earned on a stock when sold, correct? My broker will then send me a 1099 form on this, correct? I've read about tax deferred accounts, would that defer taxes until i withdrawl from the account? How do they work?
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us