The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Medical Savings Account ? Date:  2/1/1999  3:53 PM
Author:  IndecisiveFool Number:  8237 of 88760

Regarding #8232, my Flexible Spending Account is what I use to pay for unreimbursed expenses like drug co-payments and dentist's bills. There's some limit, I forget what it is. Anyhow, I was cruising along at $3
deduction a week, until I broke a tooth in November. I had to dash down to our HR department to increase my
deduction for 1999 to pay for that. The HR lady was sort of upset, I hadn't done it in their standard enrolment period and it took her all of 25 seconds to make the change.

JABoa, I was surprised that you could do this. I thought most employers did not allow mid-year changes to their deductions.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us