The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Medical Savings Account ? Date:  2/1/1999  11:05 PM
Author:  IndecisiveFool Number:  8254 of 88058

Regarding #8232, my Flexible Spending Account is what I use to pay for unreimbursed expenses like drug co-payments and dentist's bills. There's some limit, I forget what it is. Anyhow, I was cruising along at $3 deduction a week, until I broke a tooth in November. I had to dash down to our HR department to increase my deduction for 1999 to pay for that. The HR lady was sort of upset, I hadn't done it in their standard enrolment period and it took her all of 25 seconds to make the change.


Does this mean you waited until 1999 to have the tooth repaired? I would think if it was repaired in November 1998, the bill would go towards 1998 deductions.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us