The Motley Fool Discussion Boards
Financial Planning / Foolish 401(k)s
|Subject: Re: Self directed IRA's||Date: 2/2/1999 10:44 AM|
|Author: wild7and8||Number: 809 of 25869|
Thanks again Bill,
I stated my questions a bit unclear.
1. I am opening a regular IRA account with Datek to Rollover my Principal Financial Group IRA.
2. After this is done, I am questioning if I can then make $2000 contribution to this account come tax time?(provided I qualify to make IRA contribution this year)
Seperate issue: (IRA)
1. If my wife is eligable to contribute $2000 to a regular IRA this year, I would then have to open another account with Datek? This is more a statement based on your last post.
Seperate issue: (Roth IRA)
1. From your response, If I understand correctly, Both my wife and I will need to open seperate Roth IRA accounts in which we will both be able to contribute $2000.
So I am talking about opening 4 accounts.
1. Rollover account for my 401k
2. Regular IRA account for my wife if elligable.
3. Roth IRA for myself (contributing $2k).
4. Roth IRA for my wife (contributing $2k).
Just surprised, seems like a lot of accounts. I did not understand much about this.
Thank you for all your help!
|Copyright 1996-2016 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us|