The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/greetings-zee64-and-welcome-you-wrote-10660802.aspx

Subject:  Re: Merrill Lynch/Index Funds Date:  3/10/1999  9:47 AM
Author:  TMFPixy Number:  9027 of 76406

Greetings, Zee64, and welcome. You wrote:

<<My husband is just opening a rollover 401K with Merrill Lynch (His new job has a sep retirement program there, which he is also opening). We want to put some of the rollover into an index fund, but looking at their online page (can you say useless?) I can't find out which of the fund families they offer has a S&P 500 index fund. Does anyone have any experience with this? They list Fidelity, do they have an index fund? Is it a good one, or does Merrill Lynch offer any one that would be recommended. The broker said they offer Janus funds, though that is not on Merrill's online list. Are there other funds not on the online list that they carry?>>

M/L has an S&P 500 Index Fund by that name. I don't recall what Fidelity calls their index fund, but I'm certain they have one. I'm also certain, though, that if you call the M/L broker, he can tell you what's available so you can do some comparisons.

Regards….Pixy

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us