The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/kiwijuice-writes-ltltyes-i-was-worried-about-10664471.aspx

Subject:  Re: TMFPIXY-This seams to be your page Date:  3/11/1999  9:34 AM
Author:  TMFPixy Number:  9059 of 75833

Kiwijuice writes:

<<Yes I was worried about the taxes but scared about the investing. According to the statistics it seams like I can't go wrong over the long term. The RP4 seams to be about the best way to go. I just don't know if I truely and totally believe it. I mean 20+ % on average over long term. Why wouldn't everybody just do that and be happy? I can leave it in there for about 15 years. I just want this to be my golden years nest egg of 200k plus. Is that feasible by sticking about 8K in each of the FF stocks and ballancing once a year?>>

All the more reason to think of other vehicles in addition to something like the FF. While I have faith that over the long term it is a great strategy, there are no guarantees. Use it for a core, sure, but not to the exclusion of all else. Do the reading I suggested earlier, and then decide what you wish to do.

Regards….Pixy

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us