The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/-you-mentioned-that-you-direct-deposited-your-10691977.aspx

Subject:  Re: Web TurboTax experience Date:  3/21/1999  12:41 AM
Author:  gravitron Number:  12585 of 121252

[ You mentioned that you direct-deposited your refund into you Vanguard S&P 500 fund. I also have two of those funds, and I got in the mail a think that said Web Turbo Tax was free for Vanguard customers. There was a special like to get to it from the "My Account" secion of www.vanguard.com. I didn't try it because I am still more comfortable with the old pen and paper method. It seems like you got Web TurboTax for free, but I think you could have also gotten that just for being a Vanguard customer, regardless of AGI.

Larry ]

Larry,

You're right; I probably could have gotten it for free anyway from being a Vanguard customer.

BTW, a clarification. I arranged for my refunds to be deposited in my checking account at my bank. Then, I wrote a check out to Vanguard. The refund wasn't direct deposited in my Vanguard account. Sorry if I was unclear there.

Just my thoughts...

MI
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us