The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: 401K/403b to direct roll to IRA Date:  3/29/1999  2:00 PM
Author:  churchie Number:  13192 of 127549

Thanks for the pointer to the faq.

So according the law, it doesn't matter how much the original rollover amount appreciated, if I were to withdrawl the whole 10K, I would add that amount to my gross income and pay taxes on all of it without an additional 10% penalty.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us