The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Unwinding a Roth Date:  4/9/1999  2:11 PM
Author:  vkmath Number:  14184 of 127549

I converted my IRA Rollover to a Roth Rollover in 1998. In November I changed jobs. My severence pay pushed my AGI over the $100,000 limit and I had to convert my Roth back to a traditional IRA Rollover. I have the distribution forms from Ameritrade showing both distributions... one to the Roth and another back to the IRA Rollover (all in 1998). However, in between, the assets appreciated, so that the second distribution is for a higher amount. Does this matter?
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us