The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Unwinding a Roth Date:  4/9/1999  7:30 PM
Author:  LoopinFool Number:  14205 of 127549

The conversion back to a traditional IRA should be a "recharacterization". The appreciation doesn't matter. It would have appreciated had the money been left in the traditional IRA, too.
The recharacterization should completely erase the taxable event.

- LoopinFool

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us