The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks G / Gulfstream Aerospace Corp.

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/since-i-asked-the-question-several-posts-back-10778424.aspx

Subject:  Re: great week for GAC Date:  4/17/1999  6:28 AM
Author:  wolfeman Number:  277 of 294

Since I asked the question several posts back, what is going on with GAC, and I didn't get any real answers, but GAC has decided to move up. I sent an email to GAC investor relations asking some questions, no answer back, but GAC has moved up. Several weeks back GAC was the only thing I had down. Now GAC is going up and all my other TECHs is going down. What a roller coaster?

CottorPicker:

It is impossible to know when and exactly why a stock moves as it does. I'm sure investor relations does not have the answers even if they could comment on stock price moves. GAC is an industrial and cannot move up as fast as a tech company. It will only pay in conjunction with it's growth. It will always have a pretty low PE since this type of business can only grow so fast. GAC is moving as fast as a manufacturer of large capital goods can go.

Further, each stock seems to have it's own caracteristic patterns. GAC sometimes moves in sympathy with BA or the transports even though it has little in common with those markets. It's just when investors think of airplanes, they remember GAC. Also, early in the quarter, the financial results are not as certain as they are later in the period. That is why many stocks languish after earnings and run up to the day the news is made public. A clearer picture and more certainty assures investors o