The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/et-tu-first-usa-10795835.aspx

Subject:  et tu First USA? Date:  4/22/1999  1:29 PM
Author:  jamorgan Number:  9073 of 308557

I have been off and on with the Fool's cc message board and have heard quite a few bad things about First USA Bank and their business practices. I have an account with them an am trying to gain Foolishness by paying off my substantial credit card debt. I thought they were helping me with good interest rates. I transfered some other balances to them with a 3.9% interest rate. That was all well and good until i called them the other day to find my i-rate was 22.99%. They said it was because of a late payment that happened two months ago. I checked and the payment check sent to them cleared only 2 days after the due date of the statement. I have since transferred the entire balance to another card at a slightly higher rate. I am going to cut up that card and close that account ASAP. I used to think First USA was OK until this happened.

I have succesfully fought incorrect charges made by other companies, but how do you fight against a credit card company itself? Any suggestions?

-Once Bitten, Twice Shy
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us