The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/ltltone-thing-i-love-about-having-discover-is-10800974.aspx

Subject:  Re: First USA Late Payment Date:  4/23/1999  6:40 PM
Author:  pwyles Number:  9129 of 308722

<<One thing I love about having Discover is that I can go to Sears and make a payment. It's guaranteed to be posted by the next day. I've done this many times when I get the money too late to write a check and send it. Plus you get a receipt showing how much you paid, when and for which account. Of course I've never had a problem with Discover crediting my account incorrectly, and I bet First USA has nothing like this.>>

Julia

Not quite on how Discover card works. The payment date is the date you went to the Sears store. The post day is typicly 2-3 business days after the payment generally 3 days. I have used this method many times. I had a problem with this once. The payment system from Sears broke down and it took a week for the payment to post. As soon as the paymnet posted all fees and finance charges were refunded.

~~paul
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us