The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks G / Gulfstream Aerospace Corp.

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-think-ill-hang-on-and-see-if-gd-can-regain-the-10874410.aspx

Subject:  Re: SOLD!!!! Date:  5/18/1999  3:33 PM
Author:  FoolishFlyer Number:  287 of 294

I think I'll hang on and see if GD can regain the 70s as it took a hard hit on this news. I really thought it wouldn't since GAC is so profitabe. I thought GE would gain a few dollars giving us a great arbitrage spread. I still think if the market gives us a break we can get 73 bucks for GAC.

Kind of like a reverse Boeing/McDonnell-Douglas deal. In other words, Boeing bought McD for their military and defense divisions to smooth out the ups and downs of Boeing's commercial air group. Lockheed/GD bought GAC to offset the slowdown in their defense divisions.

Anyone know when the one-for-one stock exchange will take place? Trying to decide whether to sell GAC before the exchange (I'm guessing they'll peak at around $70) or wait for the exchange and sell GD. I know their business and I don't see the growth in GD that I can get elsewhere. Unfortunately, the TA is beyond me.

Dave
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us