The Motley Fool Discussion Boards
Financial Planning / Tax Strategies
|Subject: Depreciation Question||Date: 6/5/1999 12:35 PM|
|Author: HarpoN||Number: 16027 of 122846|
- You have a rental property on which you begin taking depreciation (15 year ACRS, if it matters).
- After 5 years because of your overall income levels you are no longer required to file a tax return (independent of whether the depreciation was taken).
- Now, after several years of no tax returns this year you have to file again.
- Do you continue using the depreciation schedule right where you left off on the last year you took the depreciation?
- Is your basis reduced only by the years you took depreciation or do you have to include all the years where you did not take the depreciation because you didn't have to file?
TIA for any light you may be able to shed.
|Copyright 1996-2015 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us|