The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Paying For College

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/starting-a-college-fund-and-financing-education-10936914.aspx

Subject:  Starting a college fund and financing education Date:  6/10/1999  4:07 AM
Author:  jairod Number:  843 of 8174

OK, its the first time i post a message so directly to the grain. I got a little one who's 1 and a half yrs. old. I opened him a savings account with $135 and am automatically having $35 deposited into his account each month. Now that's a start i figure. What kind of decent funds would be a good idea to invest in for a college fund with a low minimum initial investment? Is a roth IRA adecuate for a college fund?, or is there something called educational IRA?
Now for the late part, i want to go to college myself, or actually a virtual university, what is a good source of funding for poor people like me, are stafford loans the most direct and easiest approach? What about perkins?, what about pell grants? Is there an expert out there? I will really appreciate all the good ideas from all the good people out there. Tank you.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us