The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Foolish 401(k)s

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/help-me-choose-my-401k-10939703.aspx

Subject:  Help me choose my 401k... Date:  6/10/1999  7:09 PM
Author:  pbvisita Number:  2433 of 25234

Ok, so I read the article on 401k(s) and it basically said to choose the S&P 500 equity index fund. My company invests through Banker's Trust and they offer quite a few funds, but the ones listed with the word EQUITY are: BT Institutional Equity 500 Index Fund (seeks to match the performance of the stoack mkt represented by the S&P 500), BT Investment Equity Appreciation (invests in med. sized companies that show growth potential), Delaware Group International Equity Fund (international fund offered for relatively stable, large and mid-sized companies. The non-equity funds are: BT Institutional Asset Mgmt Fund, Mutial Series Qualified Fund, Dimensional Funds US 6-10 Fund, and Baron Asset Fund. I have the ability to put all of my eggs into one basket (100%) or split them up among various ones, totalling 100%. After reading the article, I am inclined to invest 100% of it into the BT Institutional Equity 500 Index Fund. I just wanted to hear from others if this would be the best thing for me to do. In addition, how do you feel about using 401k savings on a down payment for a house? Thanks for your input.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us