The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  a simple question... Date:  7/19/1999  9:21 AM
Author:  blewis1169 Number:  17467 of 127616

I know this is probably a silly and simple question, but consider me a dummy when it comes to tax. My question is how do I figure out how to not have the IRS take so much of my paycheck during the year (so that they can have their interest-free loan until next April 15)? I know that in the tax-bracket I'm in (low), with my itemized deductions, and with the new child tax credit, I'll be receiving $ from the IRS come tax time. Obviously, however, I'd like to be receiving that money currently. Do I just change my withholdings number? Is there a worksheet that would help me estimate how much I should cease to withhold?

Sorry so naive, but any help would be appreciated!
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us