The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/yes-he-says-all-the-things-in-the-right-way-to-11064065.aspx

Subject:  Re: A meeting with the WISE Date:  7/19/1999  2:04 PM
Author:  bon414 Number:  12341 of 86475

Yes, he says all the things in the right way to take your money. I wouldn't spend any more time with this guy. And what he said about load/no load is a lie. Any article I've ever read says the same thing: the average no load fund does better than the loaded fund any day. But you can look this up in Money Magazine and see for yourself. Anyone who insults your intelligence, isn't someone you want to turn your money over to.

I had a CPA look at my portfolio once. He was quite impressed, but, of course, wanted me to transfer my funds to his loaded funds anyway. (He said I was under no obligation, he just wanted to look at my funds.) Then after he made this nice booklet, etc. I almost felt obligated to transfer something, but I resisted. His secretary called me several times to set up another appointment, but I never did.

Don't get talked into anything. Educate yourself. You're fortunate to have found this website.
Copyright 1996-2017 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us