The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/roth-iras-discount-brokers-11065009.aspx

Subject:  Roth IRAs & Discount Brokers Date:  7/19/1999  6:29 PM
Author:  MichaelSB Number:  12350 of 76074

Thanks to those who helped with my previous Roth IRA questions. Here are a couple more: with which reliable discount broker can one set up a Roth IRA Foolish Four account? Any suggestions? My current Roth IRA is with a mutual fund company with brokerage services but I don't want to pay their full service commissions.

Secondly, with my current Roth IRA I am purchasing shares automatically (via direct deposit) on a bi-weekly basis in one of the company's funds. I am assuming that with a Roth IRA set up through a discount broker, I could have funds direct deposited into my brokerage account. True or false? I am also assuming that dollar cost averaging does not come into play here (as with my current mutual fund Roth IRA)unless I am willing to pay for the commission on each stock purchase every two weeks. True or false? If true would it make the most sense to keep adding, on a bi-weekly basis, to the brokerage account (up to $2,000) and buy and/or sell according to the Foolish Four at the end of the calendar year?
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us