The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Pre-Tax Dependent Care Accounts Date:  7/27/1999  12:25 AM
Author:  BobStL Number:  17686 of 127617

Your pre-tax payments for child care expenses are
quite a benefit. As long as your employers are paying (one of Your benefits) for the child care, you can use both plans to be reimbursed. The amounts your employers provide will be on your W-2's, (box 10) and filing the Child Care Credit (form 2441) will account for these payments. The Key word is
reimburse - this is not taxable income.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us