The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retirement-Soon or Done

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-think-discussing-the-non-financial-aspects-of-11091634.aspx

Subject:  Re: Impending Retirement Date:  7/27/1999  6:25 PM
Author:  hvyevy2 Number:  4 of 169

I think discussing the non financial aspects of retirement will be of interest to all. After all we
invested so we could do somethig else, but what?

Well, at least part of my time will be spent on financial aspects. I quote my Wiseman broker; "Well, Everett, I am going to tout all my other customers on whatever stocks you sell!! Ha! Ha!"

Yes, he hurt me several times, but that was before I started reading the fool. Now I know that when I cash in my 403(b) and my TSA I will be doing the investing myself. What I am interested in is, generally speaking, where? I have an IRA with the Wiseman which is fairly heavy in bonds. I will have Soc Sec and another retirement also. Should I be in growth? Should I be heavier in bonds? Should I do the Foolish Four (I believe that is my choice at this time). How far should I go in any of these? I will have about $125K to invest and need some comments from others. Any comments from anyone would be appreciated.

As to what else I will do, golf, fish, DIY, read, work on my computer (especially with the Motley Fool), travel some and spend time with my beloved wife.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us