The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retirement-Soon or Done

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/so-how-do-you-know-if-someone-is-sincere-when-11136236.aspx

Subject:  Re: Retirement question Date:  8/10/1999  11:26 AM
Author:  hvyevy2 Number:  58 of 169

So, how DO you know if someone is sincere when they wish you a "happy birthday"?<i/>

I don't, I only hope they are. Most of them say, "Gee, I wonder what his mother thought?" or "The joke was on his mother!!".

No, I am not going to roll my 403(b) into an IRA. At 70-1/2 I have to start withdrawing so I don't see the purpose. Please, someone correct me if I am wrong. I intend (I am going to ask for more advice shortly when I get all the facts together) to put my first annual withdrawal from the 403(b) and my IRA into an MMF for living expenses. I will draw approximately $38K from SS and other retirements & trusts and need an additional (according to my calculations) $12K for annual living. This will be the withdrawals as mentioned above. In addition, I anticipated buying into the FF with some of the 403(b). Of course, I will pay taxes on all the withdrawals. Comments please.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us