The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks M / MarineMax Inc.

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/marinemax-11136454.aspx

Subject:  MarineMax Date:  8/10/1999  12:26 PM
Author:  Nathan7264 Number:  7 of 19

I too am looking at this stock. The current picture seems to look promising. It selling at a very low multiple (around 5) with apparently good prospects of earnings growth, REQ of 26%, LT debt very low (LT Debt/Eq .04), Price to Free Cash Flow is near 6, insiders were buying signifcantly at a couple dollars lower than the current price last year. One concern I have is that the number of shares outstanding have increased dramatically. From March 98 to March 99 the outstanding shares have increased from about 9,000,000 to 15,000,000. I understand that this is due to all of the acquisitions, but need to see that the acquisitions create more than the shareholder value given up by the dilution of shares. Quantitatively, I love this stock. As I don't think the boat is leaving quite yet (so sorry, bad pun), I am going to stay tuned from the side lines right now.

Does anyone know any reasons that make this stock more risky than the picture I presented? Any more info on the settlement? I would also appreciate any insight into the quality of management anyone might have? Thanks.

Nathan
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us