The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Roth IRA Eligibility Question Date:  8/15/1999  3:32 PM
Author:  rjm1 Number:  13158 of 88059

With income deferral and deductions I will be able to keep my year 2000 income
under $100,000. My 1999 adjusted gross is well over $100,000. Am I eligible to
convert to a Roth IRA on Jan 1, 2000 if I am sure my adjusted gross income for
the year 2000 will be under $100,000? Or, do I have to wait until Jan 1, 2001 after
I have had a complete year of income year under $100,000?

You can convert any time in 2000. If you go over the 100,000 sometime in 2000 you can convert back.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us