The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retirement-Soon or Done

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/my-customary-apologies-in-advance-if-i-have-11167214.aspx

Subject:  Re: Advice requested Date:  8/18/1999  5:45 PM
Author:  hvyevy2 Number:  82 of 169

My customary apologies in advance if I have guessed wrong.<I/>

You sly fox you!!! You have only guessed wrong on my age. My wife will be 70 in about 3 weeks and I will be 70 on 4/1/00. Are you saying that basically I will be tax free? Gee, I sure hope so. Between you and GrayWulff you have told me so much. You have not told me how to overcome my trepidation on doing it myself, nor have you told me how to dump my oh-so-helpful Wiseman. He has not really done too badly for me, but I have done better in my 401(a) and 403(b) with Valic doing my own directing. My feeling are that I will ladder some 5 years worth of bonds to supplement the retirement income I will get, put some of the rest in the FF (making sure I will have enough income; that still scares me, especially 4/30/00 when there will be no paycheck) and look for something else to grow on. Any other suggestions. Again, thanks to both JABoa and GrayWulff. hvyevy2
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us