The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/you-just-start-a-new-prototype-be-sure-your-total-11169459.aspx

Subject:  Re: Keough plan Date:  8/19/1999  10:00 AM
Author:  edcosoft Number:  13252 of 75339

You just start a new Prototype. Be sure your total annual payments are correct. I did this throughout the 60's, 70's & 80's ending with about 5 "plans", but probably had about 10 total. Had 5 5500s to file each year. I transfered bank CDs as they matured into Funds, but never combined all the Funds until I took a LSD, when I transferred (agent to agent) them all into the oldest one. Mine were all Profit Sharing. I note your's are not all the "same kind of Plan", so you must not combine, nor transfer funds from one "Kind of Plan" to another "Kind".
What you will have the IRS calls, I think, different "trusts" within a "Plan".
The prohibition in each trust preventing investment in other funds applies to you asking Vanguard to invest their funds in TRPrice funds. They are not preventing you from having another Prototype. Hope this is what you were looking for. At the time I couldn't find any Rules on the subject, so I just did it. Ed
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us