The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-just-applied-for-an-amoco-card-it-can-earn-2-11202513.aspx

Subject:  Re: Good credit card deal? Date:  8/28/1999  5:21 PM
Author:  xu4054 Number:  14886 of 308225

I just applied for an Amoco card, it can earn 2% rebate on Amoco gas purchases, 1% elsewhere, since I need spend $5000, this will bring me 50% rebate, plus Amoco gas is not that expensive. The total that can be earned each year is $75. After that, I can still get 1% rebate(on Amoco or anywhere else? Find it hard to understand).

As for Citgo, the representative I spoke to doesn't seem to know anything so I am not sure if this is correct: 5% rebate on any purchase at Citgo but no rebate elsewhere, this seems good too except the money I will be spending means nothing so I am going to get one after my graduation.

Anyway, this solves my problem, I seem to be better now w/ my original reward program cancelled soon. What a crime! If everybody is like me, credit card business will be nonexistent. And you are definitely an accomplice, Tony.

Dan

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us