The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Roth Date:  8/31/1999  12:37 PM
Author:  zorloc Number:  13556 of 88528

Actually you can participate in a traditional IRA, you just cannot take a deduction on your taxes. You will need to recharacterize the contribution from a Roth to a Traditional IRA. Thus you will pay taxes on the contribution, but it will remain within the T.IRA.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us