The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  401Roll/ Date:  9/3/1999  10:49 AM
Author:  Goldstucker Number:  13637 of 88538

Ok, here's the situation. My husband and I have a small S Corp and have initiated a Qualified Profit Sharing Plan. We also use a leasing company for employees (which has a 401). We are changing leasing companies and have funds for rollover.

I could a: roll to new 401; b: roll funds to Profit Sharing program which is allowed but not employee contributions and we are the trustees; or c. roll funds to traditional IRA which we could contribute to but probably would not be tax deferred because of AGI (nightmare bookkeeping). Roth is not an option right now our tax liability is too large and our cash is too small.

I think the P/S is best because we have control and the possibilty of additional contributions taxed deferred (by the company)are possible. I would much rather keep the money separate but I think this is the best solution.

This post is long and I apologize but any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Cheryl

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us