The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Roth Date:  9/3/1999  1:25 PM
Author:  amharmony Number:  13639 of 88508

I will have qualifying w-2 and 1099 income this year. I do not have a current retirement plan.

I want to set up a SEP, a qualified IRA, and a non-deductible ROTH. Can I do this?

Can I contribute to the non-deductible Roth with stocks at their original purchase basis and then trade in this account to avoid taxes for the year of the trade?

Can I over contribute to the non-deductible Roth in order to avoid paying taxes on stock sales?

Thank you
Ann Marie
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us