The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks J / J.B. Hunt Transport Svcs.

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/is-aynone-out-there-watching-jbht-this-looks-11224085.aspx

Subject:  Re: J B HUNT Date:  9/3/1999  3:47 PM
Author:  tbone526 Number:  13 of 25

Is aynone out there watching JBHT?? This looks like a bargain to me below 20.

Looks like you were right. Now that cyclicals have made a convincing run - how is all this stuff they are supposed to produce going to get to its destination? Shipping... The transports are showing signs of life (this one was up on a down day...)
---------
Being a novice investor, I'm trying to follow the philosophy of investing companies I know something about, or do business with. I worked for JBHT for five years, and was never a stockholder. They were, however, one of my first choices for an investment now. My reasoning is simply this: They are a very strong company, they treat their employees well (now), and the stock is currently very, very low. I see them rising in the future.

But beware, transportation in general is a business with very thin (read miniscule) margins. Fuel price increases, for instance, can devastate the company in a short time.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us