The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Computers, Phones & Internet / Help with this STUPID computer!

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/you-are-probably-correct-in-assuming-that-the-11235509.aspx

Subject:  Re: My Computer Is Too Slow Date:  9/8/1999  12:13 PM
Author:  im2dvus4u Number:  1267 of 190149

You are probably correct in assuming that the amount of free space available on your hard drive is slowing the system down. What applications are you running? And what are their system requirements? Do you delete all your temporary internet files when you go offline? If so, do you also use the "FIND" program to locate additional files created during that day and session? Delete your cookies, when you return to that site they'll be put back in again and if you don't visit that site anymore, why have the cookie? There are some other things you can do, but these are the simplest and easiest. in addition use the "find" program to locate various types of compressed files you may no longer need such as .jpg, .gif, .mov, .avi. If you want to keep them transfer them to floppy, if not delete them. Let me know if any of this helps, I have other suggestions which may require technical experience.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us