The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Pension rollover to annuity Date:  9/20/1999  12:02 AM
Author:  onlyoneT Number:  13965 of 88053

If I get my pension as a lump sum distribution, can I turn around and put it into a tax deferred annuity that would pay out over a relatively short term of 4 or 5 years? This would be to flatten the tax cost, yet still supply a healthy addition to my income.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us