The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Underpayment of estimated tax Date:  10/20/1999  10:48 AM
Author:  RooCat Number:  19870 of 127641

I think the bottom line here is that the sooner you pay in estimated taxes that either equal 90% of what you expect to owe for 1999 or 100/110% of 1998 taxes, the sooner any penalties will stop running. Others have suggested various tax estimating programs you can utilize. This looks like the best idea to me. I wouldn't necessarily rely on the annualized income method exempting you from the potential penalties.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us