The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Drip Investing - The Basics

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/mspan-today-i-mailed-the-enrollment-form-for-my-11402657.aspx

Subject:  Re: how to start? Date:  10/21/1999  4:51 PM
Author:  mto01 Number:  10788 of 27903

mspan,

Today I mailed the enrollment form for my first two Drips (INTC and KO) ever! If you're interested, here's what I did:
1) I logged-on to www.moneypaper.com and clicked on the link titled "Become enrolled in Dividend Reinvestment Plans".
2) I selected one share each of INTC (Intel) and KO (Coca-Cola) and printed out the form for ownership in a Trust.
3) I filled out the information on the form, wrote a check for the amount indicated on the form (price of share prices + cushions + service fees + commissions) and then mailed it to Temper of the Times.

That's it.

Now, after I've received confirmation of my enrollemnt in the DRIPs, I can mail monthly payments to the transfer agent (INTC = Harris Trust & Savings Bank and KO = First Chicago Trust) to purchase more shares; or, I can set up automatic debits from my checking account to purchase stock without me having to mail a check.

Note: The KO plan will charge $1.00 for the automatic debit whereas INTC does not charge a fee.

Hope this helps!
Matt O.
Copyright 1996-2017 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us