The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/american-express-advisiors-11407835.aspx

Subject:  American Express Advisiors Date:  10/22/1999  3:51 PM
Author:  gemini1 Number:  14721 of 75593

Hello Fools

I wrote a while back regarding a meeting with a AE Finance Advisor..Well--- went last nite for a hour meeting that lasted over 2 hours...Brought all my statements etc. Bottom line--- I liked the guy. he seemed very knowledgable..We were basically interested in retirement advice and asset allocation...I know I can figure most of this stuff out myself, but I think I just wanted reassurance that I was on the right track...So, for 675 bucks he will get me there. They decide the fee while they are talking to you, so I think its negotiable. The also are available for at least 4 meeting a year to go over any changes , questions etc This is included in the fee..And and phone calls during the year- no charge.( also your money can be refunded with in 2 years if not satisfied). He is not a CFP but was an investment banker at one time. I am wondering-- any other Fools used them and what did they think?? was it worth it? My thought is it may be worth peace of mind knowing i have all the facts right..I want to retire at 55 and not have look back nor have made any mistakes...However I am still not sure..I told him I'll think about it.. I would however not consider spending any more than 500 if I do it at all...Any thought s FOOLS???

Debbie
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us