The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: F4 and IRA limit Date:  11/3/1999  1:05 PM
Author:  pauleckler Number:  15074 of 88498

If you have funds left over after you have funded you and your spouses IRA's to the max, taxable account is the Foolish thing to do with the rest. However, Foolish Four is not very tax efficient. You may want to look into index fund, tax managed fund, or long term buy and hold stock strategy for these additional funds. These achieve growth while minimizing income taxes.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us