The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: interest deduction Date:  11/8/1999  8:18 PM
Author:  jozerandy Number:  20708 of 127616

You report the investment interest, deduct up to your net investment income, then carry the rest over to next year.

Investment income covers all sources (i.e. money market funds, savings accounts, credit union accounts, rental income, long & short term capital gains, etc.) or just dividends earned against the stock I've margined? Sheesh...the price you pay for democracy...death, taxes, alumni association...

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us