The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: alimony/spousal support Date:  11/10/1999  9:07 PM
Author:  RooCat Number:  20897 of 127549

The Form is 8332. You must have this form or a smililar statement signed and attached to your return or you can attach copy of certain pages (cover page, page that states you can claim the child, signature page of other parent including date) of your divorce decree or separation agreement if it went into effect after 1984 every year that you take the dependent. But you must have given at least $600 in support payments to claim the dependent.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us