The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Nondeductable IRA contributions Date:  12/2/1999  10:31 AM
Author:  pauleckler Number:  15827 of 88435

Yes, to both questions. Yes, in spite of your income, you and your wife may each open traditional IRA accounts and each of you may contribute $2K to his or her own account in 1999, and again in 2000 and every year thereafter--as long as you have earned income. The contributions will not be tax deductible, but the earnings on the accounts will be tax deferred--no taxes until withdrawn from the account according to the rules--usually at age 59-1/2.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us