The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Buying or Selling a Home

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/the-mortgage-company-has-a-deal-running-where-they-11628083.aspx

Subject:  Re: Bi-Monthly Mortgage Payments. Good ? Date:  12/8/1999  3:34 PM
Author:  ccmmcc99 Number:  7366 of 127715

The mortgage company has a deal running where they will set you up on automatic drafts directly from checking, twice
per month. They advertise the mortgage will then get paid off in 22-23 years, rather than the standard 30. (I'm 1.5 years
into the mortgage, and usually pay a little extra principal each month, anyway.) This deal would seem fine, but they also
want an extra $10 per month for this service. I suspect this deal actually benefits them more than the customer (Duh!).
Has anyone put a pencil to these types of payment plans? Yes, I know I can make more money in the stock market, than
paying off a 7.5 % loan early, but 7.5% over thirty years isn't chicken feed, and the plan would save me the time writing
mortgage payments.

I have software I can share that will allow you to do your bi-monthly yourself. There is a $2.50 charge for the paperwork the company that adminstrates the program. It works with just about all banks and mortgage companies. It runs on windows 95. My email is ccmmcc99@yahoo.com
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us