The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: How to figure taxes owed on Roth withdrawal? Date:  12/9/1999  5:36 PM
Author:  JeffdFool Number:  22712 of 127617

Thanks for the reply JAFO,

I did look at both the threads you mentioned and it seems like recharacterizing the 99 contribution as a regular IRA would be a good idea.
The Roth is at TDWaterhouse, they had no idea how to figure the tax due, (because I would still like to keep the 98 portion in the Roth) wouldn't they still need to calculate the 99 portion to recharacterize?
Anyway I getting a recharacterize from TDWaterhouse and I guess it will be up to them to figure it out now.

Thanks again
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us