The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/ltlti-attended-college-in-1999-part-time-while-11648471.aspx

Subject:  Re: Is Tuition deductible? Date:  12/12/1999  5:04 PM
Author:  TMFTaxes Number:  22945 of 121338

<<I attended college in 1999 part-time while I was a full time employee for a company I've worked for for 3 years. The courses led up to receiving a B.S. in computer science. Is the tuition for this deductible as a misc. item on my Itemized decution form?
I have a vague understanding of what qualifies and I believe I can say the education improved my current job skills. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance. Also can you deduct money spent on suits to go on job interviews? It's a stretch but I'm just curious.>>

In addition to the responses that you have already been given, you can read more about education expenses and deductions, the HOPE credit, the Lifetime Learning Credit, and other education issues in the Taxes FAQ area. There are a NUMBER of posts dealing with these specific issues. For a real education, check 'em out.

TMF Taxes
Roy
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us