The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Roth IRA contribution or IRA contrib? Date:  12/13/1999  9:32 PM
Author:  kartha1 Number:  23054 of 127753

1. I will hit the AGI upper limit for joint filing and thus not qualify for the Roth IRA contribution. Can I still contribute to a non-deductible IRA?

2. Assuming only one is an earning member, is the total contribution for self and spouse towards an IRA (Roth/traditional) $4000 or $2000?

3. Can someone who incurs income from private tutoring contribute to a Roth/traditional IRA? Since there is no W2 involved, what proof is necessary in order to qualify for contribution?

thanks in advance,
- mouli
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us