The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/well-john-how-i-envy-you-those-five-yearslol-oh-11657418.aspx

Subject:  Re: How do I effectively use a Roth IRA Date:  12/14/1999  1:03 PM
Author:  Isiszion Number:  21821 of 308362

Well john how I envy you those five years..lol. Oh by the way you are very well informed on the topic, as are so many fools Ive met to date.

Well john I indeed understand that a good mix has to be achieved as far as risk and rewards. I guess its just a part of my genetic make-up...risk taking that is. I have always believed that in life if you wish to succeed BIG you have to risk even BIGGER. But of course the risks we are talking about here are not just some off the wall con man hey "I can get you a 120% return in a weeK"..lol. Now thats the kinda risks Id stay far from. But you are right and I am still attempting to work out that perfect formula for me.

As for Real Estate..I would have probably already been invested already John...but you know how DEBT and high interest DEBT by the way can slow your projects down. However this year and beyond this will be a major maybe 50 to 60% of my retirement game.

Im sorry to hear no one wants to discuss Real Estate thats a shame. But you must understand John that a lot of the wise and maybe some of us fools too have never took the time to really understand how the beast(Real Estate) really works and its such a shame too. When so many of the prominent families in a America have taught by examples how lucrative Real Estate can be.

I look forward to our future discussions on the topic. Hope I can provide you with just as much foolish info as you have offered me on my Roth issue.

Anthony
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us