The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Roth IRA contribution or IRA contrib? Date:  12/14/1999  1:30 PM
Author:  kartha1 Number:  23079 of 127747

Kartha1 asked:

<1. I will hit the AGI upper limit for joint filing and thus not qualify for the Roth IRA contribution. Can I still contribute to a non-deductible IRA? <

Danny replied:

<Yes. You can always choose to contribute up to $2000 to a non-deductible IRA. >

A followup question is whether I can convert back and forth between regular non-deductible IRA to Roth-IRA accounts as my AGI permits in a given year. By doing so:
a. Is there any advantage?
b. any loss in conversion
c. hastles in the process?

Any pointers appreciated.

- mouli

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us