The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/crrroger-writes-what-you-are-suggesting-is-11674791.aspx

Subject:  Re: Protecting Assets Date:  12/17/1999  12:36 PM
Author:  Bob78164 Number:  16474 of 76418

crrroger writes:

What you are suggesting is unfair, unethical, immoral and illegal..... Do you really expect anyone of stature to go on record as helping you to do it?

I reply:

I believe this harsh reaction was uncalled for; the original poster asked a legitimate question. It turns out that the answer is (I believe) that there's no way to accomplish his/her goal, but I saw no indication that the original poster had or has any intention of breaking the rules. As I interpreted the post, the question is whether there's a legitimate way of avoiding what might otherwise be an onerous financial burden, the type of question I imagine tax advisors get from honest clients all the time.

In the future, please consider a post very carefully before attibuting venal or malefic motives to the poster. The message board you save may be your own. --Bob
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us