The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/greetings-fox50en-and-welcome-you-wrote-11695869.aspx

Subject:  Re: Retirement goal Date:  12/22/1999  10:25 AM
Author:  TMFPixy Number:  16760 of 76418

Greetings, Fox50en, and welcome. You wrote:

<<I've currently retired and my wife will join me in a year or two. We have approxamently $500,000 in the stock market with about 60% in tech and computer stocks.Am I wise in staying with these volatile companys or should I be a little more conservative? We don't need the money to live on>>

That's a personal preference regarding allocation and risk we all must decide for ourselves. Many would say you are too concentrated in a narrow segment of the economy. Yet all that really matters is if you are comfortable with your stock selections, believe in their long-term prospects, and are not in need of the principal invested in those shares in the next five years or so. If you can answer those kinds of questions for yourself and determine that your holdings are fine for you, then stay with them. If not, then change. The bottom line is it's your choice and your choice alone.

Regards..Pixy
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us