The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/ltthe-capital-gains-transactions-may-not-be-11710295.aspx

Subject:  Re: Dividend Distributions and 401K Date:  12/26/1999  11:16 PM
Author:  mphipps Number:  16897 of 75335

<The capital gains transactions may not be specifically posted to your specific account if the dividends are used to increase unit value. >
Then I wonder, How do I know that my account reflects the correct value, over time.
Howw do I not know that some guy is not generaling, with computers, the ability to move money around and buy himself nice house and four cars.
Ever heard the story about insurance company where guy moved money from the insurance account to his account each quarter based on rounding to three digits?
Company could not prosecute because the money was never accounted for in the system.
See the custodians sell this unitization to the companies based on cost reduction. But IMO not showing me the transactions is one way of avoiding cost. And while it might not be fraud, certainly provides a much better opportunity for it.
I assume everyone is honest, but I also what to see them being honest, not telling me they are.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us